Looking to Create a Spooktacular Halloween Soundtrack?
Whether you're throwing a bash, or handing out candy - we've got the 25 best songs to get you in the "spirit" of Halloween!
1. Monster Mash - Bobby (Boris) Picket
This one is a tried and true graveyard smash that no Halloween is complete without!
2. Thriller - Michael Jackson
Extra bonus points if you do the dance!
3. I Put a Spell On You - Bette Midler
There are multiple versions of this song, but the most popular seems to be Bette Midler's from the popular movie Hocus Pocus.
4. Ghostbusters Theme song - Ray Parker Jr.
Just be sure not to cross the streams!
5. This is Halloween - Danny Elfman
This one is sure to make everybody scream
6. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
The writing is on the wall with this one - even Stevie sees it
7. Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
You ever just feel like you're in the Twilight Zone?
8. Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show
It's just a jump to the left, and a step to the right - it's the dance that you'll want to do all night!
9. The Addams Family theme song - Vic Mizzy
Get your broomstick and witches shawl - we're gonna be a call to the Addams family *snap snap*
10. Zombie - Cranberries
What's in your head? (More importantly, what's in your candy dish?)
11. Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
If you're out of candy - a little bit of Lee Ho Fook's will do
12. Black Magic Woman - Santana
You better not turn your back
13. Halloween theme song - John Carpenter
There is nothing spookier than this song coupled with a strobe light!
14. Dragula - Rob Zombie
You really can't go wrong with any Rob Zombie on Halloween, but Dragula is one of the best choices
15. The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
Don't worry. He's not here to eat you
16. Disturbia - Rhianna
Popular with the younger people, Rihanna's voice truly is haunting(ly) wonderful.
17. Day-O (Banana Boat) - Harry Belafonte
You just can't hear this song without thinking about dancing along with Catherine O'Hara in Beetlejuice
18. (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Oh, Romeo, Romeo - Dost Thou Fear the Reaper?
19. Die, Die, Die, My Darling - The Misfits
Like Rob Zombie, there's not a bad choice when it comes to The Misfits on Halloween.
20. Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie
The lyrics aren't the most kid friendly - but a great choice for an older crowd
21. Highway to Hell - AC/DC
This one is sure to get everyone up and pumping.
22. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
There's a bad moon on the rise (watch out for werewolves!)
23. Devil Went Down to Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
After the bad moon rises, it's a good time to play a song where the devil's in the house of the rising sun.
24. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Creepy in a whole other language
25. Feed My Frankenstein - Alice Cooper
It's hard to be good looking and hungry!