1. When did you join the LCC?
Spring of 2019
2. Where did you grow up? My father was a pastor and we moved quite a bit from Seminary to various churches he pastored. I was born in Missouri. Otherwise we lived in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Arizona.
3. Tell us about your family – are you married, single, any children? I was married. I have two children and three grandchildren. They all live here in Kansas City. I have had the joy of being with my Grandchildren as they grow from birth to adulthood and being a part of their life. They keep me young.
4. What is (or was) your professional career? I worked as a registered nurse. Mostly in Intensive care.
5. Tell us about your choral experiences. What choirs have you sang with? Are you currently singing with other choirs? I sang in school choirs in High School, and when I was studying nursing. In every church I was a member, I sang in the choir.
6. Do you play any instruments? A little piano. Very little.
7. Besides choral music, what other types of music do you enjoy? All classical music and jazz. Especially jazz piano.
8. What has been your favorite or most memorable LCC concert or song? Many of the songs we sang have touched me deeply. I had never sang in a chorus with an orchestra and that was a very memorable experience for me.
9. What are your hobbies or interests other than singing? I love gardening. My church has an urban farm. I work there and I care for the flower beds.
10.What is your favorite food or dessert?
I like seafood, especially salmon. Desserts are hard for me to choose, I have never had a dessert that I didn't like.
11.Do you have any pets? What kind and how many? I have one pet, a cat. She is a Tortoiseshell cat. Can be very loving but also can be a bit of a diva. Her name is Lily
12.If you could have dinner with your favorite musician, singer, composer from any time period, who would be? John Rutter. His music never fails to touch me.