Liberty Community Chorus Singer Spotlight
1. When did you join the LCC?
3 years ago (?) – I’m not quite sure what year!
2. Where did you grow up?
South KC – Attended Ruskin High School and graduated from MU-Columbia (when it was still the Big 8)
3. Tell us about your family – are you married, single, any children?
Married 29 years this August to Mr. Ed (who is not a horse of course). We have 2 daughters – the eldest teaches in Blue Springs and our youngest is at KU working on her Architecture degree. We also currently have 2 dogs and 1 cat – all mutts from the shelter – that round out our family!
4. What is (or was) your professional career?
5. Tell us about your choral experiences. What choirs have you sang with? Are you currently singing with other choirs?
I sang in High School choir, and then much later with the (short-lived) Lee’s Summit Community Choir and then with the Raytown Community Choir plus a couple of “seasons” with the Summer Singers Lee’s Summit group
6. Besides choral music, what other styles of music do you enjoy?
I enjoy a variety of styles – pop, classical, world, folk, big band, country, musicals. Not a fan of Opera (other than Bugs Bunny’s “What’s Opera, Doc?”) – although I keep trying to see if I can appreciate it at some point in my life – guess I just haven’t reached that point yet….
7. What has been your favorite or most memorable LCC concert or song?
My favorite, so far, is probably the Spring 2018 Concert – Music to Inspire. It was a great selection of choral pieces and it was my first time singing at the Community of Christ Temple – that is just an amazing venue.
8. What are your hobbies or interests other than singing?
I process, dye and spin wool into yarn; for several years I have served as a docent at local history museums (waiting to see how these will re-open!); my husband and I also enjoy watching Art and Indie Films in the local fine arts theaters (where movies were originally crafted to be seen) and attending plays at the numerous theaters we are blessed with here in KC.
9. What is your favorite food or dessert?
Authentic Chinese cuisine
11.If you could have dinner with your favorite musician, singer, composer from any time period, who would be?