1. When did you join the LCC?
2015, but I haven’t sang in every session.
2. Where did you grow up?
Grew up in SE Iowa and lived in Ames and Des Moines, Ia. I’ve lived in Rolla and KCMo and 23 yrs in Seattle area. Retiring in 2013, My husband, Dean and I live between Kearney and Liberty.
3. Tell us about your family – are you married, single, any children?
I was the oldest of 8 children, they call me bossy. We have one daughter who lives in Kearney area and have 6 grandsons, 4 inherited.
4. What is (or was) your professional career?
I worked in accounting for years, ugggg. Being a people person, I ended Up at FedEx as a customer service agent, retiring after 20 yrs.
5. Tell us about your choral experiences. What choirs have you sang with? Are you currently singing with other choirs?
Jr. High and HS chorus and choirs. I’ve sang in church choirs since I was about 12.
6. Do you play any instruments?
Play at the piano, acoustic guitar, baritone ukelele, and have a very dusty mandolin.
7. Besides choral music, what other styles of music do you enjoy?
Classical, jazz, blue grass instrumentals, R&B, most everything, except for punk or rapp.
8. What has been your favorite or most memorable LCC concert or song?
The Washington DC trip, Natl. Memorial Day Choral Festival...wonderful.
Favorite song, “God So Loved The World”.
9. What are your hobbies or interests other than singing?
Art-drawing/graphite and colored pencil and watercolor, knitting and gardening.
10.What is your favorite food or dessert?
Chocolate chocolate ( you can’t have too much chocolate).
11.Do you have any pets? What kind and how many?
No more pets. We are still broken hearted over the loss of our Sedona girl, had to be put down in 2018...border collie and lab mix.
12.If you could have dinner with your favorite musician, singer, composer from any time period, who would be?
Since about 1962-63, any of the Beatles.
I dreamt of being one of their backup singers, lol.