1. When did you join the LCC? 2014 – I haven’t sung in all the sessions between then and now.
2. Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey City, NJ and grew up in the small Borough of North Arlington, NJ. Lived in Charlottesville, VA two years during graduate school, and Williamsport, PA for five years (where I met & married Beth), before moving to KC.
3. Tell us about your family – are you married, single, any children? Happily married to my 1st Soprano nightingale, Beth, for 42 years come May. We have two grown sons who have given us five wonderful grandchildren, aged 10 to 16.
4. What is (or was) your professional career? After Graduate School I went to work for a construction company in Williamsport, PA. I’ve been with the company for over 42 years (with a short break in service) serving in several capacities including Business Manager, Project Manager, Equipment Manager, and currently Payroll Accountant.
5. Tell us about your choral experiences. What choirs have you sang with? Are you currently singing with other choirs? I’ve sung in church choirs from childhood to present. Sang in the Concert Choir (serving as President my senior year) and Chamber Choir in high school. Performed in various musicals including “A Stephen Foster Minstrel Show” in elementary school, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” (as Charlie Brown) and “Anything Goes” (as Moonface Martin) in high school, “Man of La Mancha” (as Mayor/Innkeeper) in college, and “Bicycle Built for Two” and several other church musicals. Sang in the Northland Community Choir for three years.
6. Do you play any instruments? Acoustic Guitar – simple chords and finger picking.
7. Besides choral music, what other styles of music do you enjoy? My musical tastes run from Tony Bennett to ZZ Top. Partial to Folk, Bluegrass, & Classical, The Eagles, Alison Krauss, Billy Joel, John Prine, Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and Neil Young. We are Masterworks subscribers to the Kansas City Symphony and fans of the Kansas City Chorale.
8. What has been your favorite or most memorable LCC concert or song? Concert – The Holocaust Concert - Incredibly moving. Song – I Will Be A Child of Peace - One of my favorites.
9. What are your hobbies or interests other than singing? That has changed over the years. Playing basketball & softball, theater, and camping were hobbies of my youth. Now it’s basically reading, although I do go trout fishing every February at Lake Taneycomo with friends. I also fanatically follow my NJ(NY) and KC teams – Yankees & Giants, Royals & Chiefs!
10.What is your favorite food or dessert? Food – toss-up between Blackened Chicken Fettucine Alfredo and Chicken Spiedini with Fettucine Alfredo. Dessert – Key Lime Pie.
11.Do you have any pets? What kind and how many? We have a rescue dog, Maggie, who is mostly Beagle.
12.If you could have dinner with your favorite musician, singer, composer from any time period, who would be? Victor Borge!