1. When did you join the LCC?
I think it was 2014.
2. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Phoenix Arizona, but started school and really growing up in Southern California
3. Tell us about your family – are you married, single, any children?
I am a widow, with no children, growing up I had two sisters one 10 years older and one two years younger
4. What is (or was) your professional career?
I worked at many things while going to school nights; however after getting my degrees I worked in the accounting profession. I am now 5 years retired.
5. Tell us about your choral experiences. What choirs have you sang with? Are you currently singing with other choirs?
As a child I sang with the school chorus and in shows put on by girl scouts. As an adult I sang in church choir in California, then when I moved to Missouri again in church choir.
6. Do you play any instruments?
Not anymore. Growing up I played the trumpet and the accordion. I’ve tried to self teach the keyboard, but can only managed the right hand (sometimes).
7. Besides choral music, what other styles of music do you enjoy?
My favorite is the big bands of my parent’s time. Of course, I must include the music of Scotland, as that is part of my heritage, and a heck of a lot of fun. I enjoy most music (except rap). I baffled my parents because the only music I wanted to hear while doing my home work were the classical composers, especially Mozart, Schubert, Strauss. My favorite piece of music since I was three years old is Saber Dance.
8. What has been your favorite or most memorable LCC concert or song?
Our Washington DC trip has to top the list. “In whatever Time We Have” made me cry as I remembered my late husband, Glenn and those of my family that have passed to a better world.
9. What are your hobbies or interests other than singing?
I have a number of crafts that I enjoy, and occasionally I get the urge to put something on canvas.
10.What is your favorite food or dessert?
Favorite food is Lobster Thermador, and dessert is something with raspberries and chocolate.
11.Do you have any pets? What kind and how many?
Lolli, isn’t really a pet as she is my “service animal”. I love her dearly, and she puts up with my nonsense of dressing her up and rolling her over for tickles.
12.If you could have dinner with your favorite musician, singer, composer from any time period, who would be?