1. When did you join the LCC?
Thanks to several of my neighbors who told me about the chorus I was at the very first one before we started doing it routinely. Has it been 16 yrs? I’ve only missed a couple of semesters.
2. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Kansas City but grew up in Slater, Higginsville, and eventually Independence. Moved North of the river when I married my husband.
3. Tell us about your family – are you married, single, any children?
I have been widowed for 1 ½ yr but was fortunate to celebrate 50 yrs together before he died. Incidentally we met through one of my cousins who took me ice skating on Shoal Creek. I was a terrible ice skater and he rescued me. We had 2 children, Jennifer who died at age 41 of cancer and Jeffery who is now 49 yr. We have 3 very special godchildren who call me Grammie.
4. What is (or was) your professional career?
I graduated from Trinity Lutheran Hospital school of nursing many years ago. Active in nursing for 44 years, the last 22 as a gastroenterology nurse. I have an RN & BSA as well as certification in gastroenterology. I was also President of the national certification organization for SGNA.
5. Tell us about your choral experiences. What choirs have you sang with? Are you currently singing with other choirs?
Mother was my inspiration as she had a beautiful alto voice until voice surgery. Never had any professional training but always sang in grade school and high school choirs and church choirs. I have learned so much being in the chorus.
6. Do you play any instruments?
I play at the piano meaning for my enjoyment.
7. Besides choral music, what other styles of music do you enjoy?
I’m not fond of rap but like all kinds of music. Love the big band sound but also enjoy country.
8. What has been your favorite or most memorable LCC concert or song?
I have enjoyed almost all the concerts but I do believe that each one has been inspirational in some way. The Alzheimer’s was one of our best. Also favorite would be our trip to Washington DC.
9. What are your hobbies or interests other than singing?
I have always loved sewing. Made clothes, wedding dresses, prom dresses, dress suits but now focus on quilts for loved ones. Love to bake especially pies with crusts from scratch.
10. What is your favorite food or dessert?
Apple pie or cheesecake
11. Do you have any pets? What kind and how many?
No, I don’t have any pets.
12. If you could have dinner with your favorite musician, singer, composer from any time period, who would be?
I would be at lost for words, so not sure who I would eat with.